Parish Advisory Council
The Parish Advisory Councils (PAC) assist the Jamaica 4-H Clubs in each parish in areas including education, social and economic development. The PAC also helps to link and develop 4-H activities, businesses and personnel in each parish. This body is governed by an Executive and headed by a Chairman. The PAC reports to the I AC.
Each of the 14 parishes has a Parish Advisory Council which plays an autonomous role in the functions of the organization. They are also governed by a Constitution.
The functions of the Parish Advisory Councils are:
- To give the Jamaica 4-H Clubs in that parish such help and guidance as may be necessary to enable such clubs to enhance the educational, social and economic development of their members;
- To promote the formation of additional 4-H Clubs
- To stimulate interest in, and support for the objectives of the Jamaica 4-H Clubs and to secure assistance in the development of leadership, finance or any matter for the benefit of the Jamaica 4-H Clubs;
- To advise and assist the 4-H Clubs Parish Development Officer in the work of the 4-H Clubs within the parish;
- To administer the funds received from the Board, or funds raised in the parish on behalf of the Jamaica 4-H Clubs, or funds accruing to the 4-H Clubs within the parish from any source;
- To promote competition, displays and such other activities as may appear to it to be necessary or desirable to publicise the work of the Jamaica 4-H Clubs;
- To activate plans approved by the Board for the benefit of the Jamaica 4-H Clubs and the enhancement of its objectives.
- To link and develop 4-H activities, businesses and personnel in the parish.
The officers in each Council are:
a. The Chairman
b. The Vice-Chairman
c. The Treasurer
d.The Secretary who is usually the 4-H Club Parish Development Officer
The Chairman, the Vice-Chairman and the Treasurer are usually elected from their number by the members of the Council at the Annual General Meeting of the Council.